Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mother's Day already?!

Where has the time gone?  Parker turned one yesterday and I swear it was the fastest year of my life - no doubt.  Soon we get to celebrate one of my personal favorites - Mother's Day!  Before having kids, Mother's Day meant scrambling last minute to find something to give as a present for my mom.  Her birthday is in May also so it was always a doozie trying to get two gifts within the same month.  Now that I'm a mom as well, the holiday has taken on an entirely new (and more meaningful) meaning.  I get presents now too!  Just kidding (well kinda).  But seriously, where would we be without our moms?  Nowhere.  Literally.  Failing to exist.  I mean how heavy is that?! 

My mom's the best.  THE best.  Perfectly suited to fit where I need her to fit - to fill in my gaps when I need that word of encouragement (or swift kick in the pants).  Whatever I need.  I remember back in college when I was trying to be all independent and "I don't need my parents for anything - I'm grown."  I had a wreck.  Nothing major, but my first wreck.  No major drama just enough to traumatize me in my youth.  ;)  My parents were two hours away and my mom was my first call.  I swear all it took was hearing her voice and I lost it.  Complete blubbering idiot "I want my mommy!" lost it.  So there I was standing in Auburn being a big, cool college student bawling to my mommy.  But isn't it great to have someone in your life like that?  Your lifeline when things just look too big to deal with by yourself.  My friends are great, my sister is great, my husband is GREAT but my mom rocks my socks off.  Repeatedly.

Shutterfly's got some great options for Mother's Day.  Some of my favorites are:

Mother’s Day photobook http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books .  I made these for both mine & my sisters weddings and they were and still are a big hit.  We just recently had a family photo shoot and voila!  Photo book!  They even put it together for you!  And then you get to take the credit!  Wahoo!

And who wants to fight their way into (and back out of) the card aisle at Walmart anyway?  Save the drama and let Shutterfly handle it for you! 
Mother’s Day Cards http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/mothers-day-cards-stationery

And feel free to pair the Shutterfly cards with a Shutterfly gift appropriately themed for the big day!  I mean really though - what mom doesn't want something with their grandkids pictures on it?  They're babies to play with and then send home with someone else!  Perfection!  Personalized gifts for Mom http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-gifts

Any of my lovely readers out there fellow bloggers?  Want some free stuff from Shutterfly?  Why wouldn't you - they rock!   Click here to sign up for a chance at 50 free cards from Shutterfly

Now go - be creative.  Aim high - go for tears this year!  Make!  Her!  Cry!  

1 comment:

  1. HI Bethany, Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm going to answer your question on my blog but I thought I'd answer you here too. I purchased the vinyl at wal mart but you can find it at most fabric stores it comes on a roll that's pretty long and has a thin paper with it. Also it's pretty inexpensive. I bought a 1/4 yard for about 62 cents and I still have a lot left.
    I hope this helps. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete